Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to this forum...so I'm not used to your rules and all..I had a quick look over the posting rules before making this thread...so if i've broken any basic rules then i'm sorry as it wasn't my intention.

So anyway. I live at home with my parents and my little brother. We have three desktops...2 Macs and a windows vista...my brother has a windows vista laptop, my mum has a Macbook laptop and for Christmas I got a windows 7 laptop!

But that's not all that relevant because all I am really interested in is setting up file sharing between my old vista desktop and my new windows 7 laptop, so I can transfer my music, etc across. (I know that I could easily do this by other methods but I want filesharing set up for the future).

Both computers are wirelessly connected to a Netgear router.

Initially i tried fiddling around with various network settings and I've managed to get the two computers to recognise each other...and they can access the 'public' folder. I tried fiddling with advanced sharing to let them access other folders which appear as shared folders, but when i tried to access them from the other computer i was denied access.

I want to be able to completely read and write all files in the C drive of each computer from the other.

Can someone give me a step by step guide on what you would do to be able to access all files on one computer from the other? (as though i hadn't set up any sharing at all and am only beginning).

Sorry for asking such a novice question but windows generally confuses me.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.