Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Win 2K os
When I go to open IE browser I get the message (cannot find file C:/winnt/s.htm make sure the internet path or anem is correct) now i click ok and the browser opens to a blank page i type in an address and it works , but when i go to my options to change my home page the area is grayed out and I cannot input an adsress for a new home page?????? I may have deleted a file.

k

·
Administrator
123,536 Posts
Hi K and welcome to TSG.

I think you should download Hijack This for the experts to take a look at a is does look like a security problem.

Please do this. Click here: http://www.sherrylynn.us/HijackThis.exe to download Hijack This. Save it to it’s own folder (not temporary files).

Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

Cookie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.