Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folder is in c; called "save" it is empty...and clicking properties does not show any associations. I delete it, reboot and it is still gone...then it shows up again a few days later...:mad:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Chum,

Are you able to right on it and send it to the desktop and delete it from there?

DS

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did not understand your question...did you mean right click on it,
then choose "send to" and click desktop? Did not know that would make a difference...I'll try it, though...when it re-appears.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Chum,

Sorry about that ...yes, "right clicking" on it to "send to"

It may help to rid of it alltogether since you've tried deleting it from where it is and it comes back in a couple of days as it is so it may work to delete it from elsewhere other then where it reappears at.

Have you run a virus scan lately?

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

If you haven't it can't hurt

DS

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It did not hurt...as it found a Trojan within seconds( I did not note the name... as it told me to reboot...after rebooting, I saw a dos window open and close when the desktop started...I assume the virus has been removed because it did not find any after the reboot. Thanks for waking me up! :)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Chum,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad that you were able to find the source of the problem.
You might want to save the housecall link for future reference. :)

DS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.