Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[font color="red For the past few times I have shut down cp comes back on blue scree with fatal exception msg. It tells me to use ctrl alt del or any key to continue. Have used the ctrl alt del and it clears and reboots so that I can shut down. Can any one give me some information on this? Thanks in advance.[/font]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just shut down got the blue scree with the following:

Windows

A fatal exception OE has occured at 015f:BFF996EF. The current application will be terminated.

*press any key to terminate the current application.

*press ctrl+alt+del again to restart you computer you will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue

This is the way it appears, as mention I do th ctrl+ and it reboots.

I have windows 98.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
46,025 Posts
Is your pc configured to play a "shutdown" sound?. If it is, try going to the Sounds applet in the Control Panel and set it to None.

Also do this: close browser and disconnect; go to Start>Run and run msconfig

Click on the "Advanced" tab and put a check in "disable fast shutdown". Click OK and restart. You may need to do this from safe mode if you encounter a problem restarting. Verify that "disable fast shutdown" remains checked after restarting.

Some have reported success with that particular error. We don't know exactly what causes it, it may be a problem with sound card or video drivers.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hi

I have Win98 FE also... sometimes I have this problem & when i do I run this ....................available through Microsoft

RegClean - Windows Registry Analysis and Correction Utility
It works for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.