Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running WIN XP and suddenly my fast switching option for users has quit working. I went into control panel/users and reset the option but still when I try to logoff/switch user I am directed back to welcome screen. Then when I choose another user the screen freezes for about a minute then reverts back to same welcome screen. I can then return to my own desktop ok. If I try hitting Win logo key and L the same thing happens. If I logoff then logoff agai to go to primary welcome screen then I can change user ok.. Any suggestions would be helpful

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi fenbrook2
--------------------

Sometime you have to stop a Service, then re-start it; so it re-initializes and Windows recognizes the service again ! And a system reboot before and after those actions might help Windows reset!

Don't forget to check the status's of the other services that Fast User Switching Service depends on (shown in attached Jpeg)

Good Luck !!!!!!!!

BVR
Joe B!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rebooted and then made sure all 3 services were stopped/disabled. I rebooted. Then I turned all 3 services back on and made them automatic. I rebooted. Problem still exisits.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Log out of each account, restart machine.

One should have ALL accounts logged out when shutting down a machine.

Also, how much Empty disk space do you have on the C drive?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.