Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought farcry for the pc, and the system requarments are:

Processor - 1GHz (min) 2GHz (rec)
Windows - 98/2000/Me/XP with DirectX 9.0b
Ram - 256MB (min) 512MB (rec)
Video Card - GeForce 2 64MB / ATi 8500 (min), GeForce 4 128MB / ATi 9500 (rec)
Etc...

My Spec Is:

Processor - 2.8GHz
Windows - XP Home with DirectX 9.0b
Ram - 1.25GB
Video Card - GeForce FX 5600XT 256MB

And my problem is, i thought it would let me play the game on the highest graphic settings with me having better than what is recommended, but for some reason it will onl let me play on Low... Can anyone tell me what i need to do?... Thanks

Merry Christmas BTW :) :) :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Get the latest version of DirectX, and also make sure you download the latest nVidia drivers for your video card.

I forget how FarCry's video adjustments work, but can you change individual settings, like draw distance, anti-aliasing, things like that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I do have DirectX 9.0c

the problem with the game is that when i auto detect the graphics it says that it should all be on medium details, but once i start playin the game its just really stuttery and laggy, i was just wondering if i need a new graphics card

·
Registered
32,642 Posts
damo19uk said:
Sorry, I do have DirectX 9.0c

the problem with the game is that when i auto detect the graphics it says that it should all be on medium details, but once i start playin the game its just really stuttery and laggy, i was just wondering if i need a new graphics card
Go here www.systemrequirementslab.com and check whether you meet the requirements for the game look at the Recommended tag
My pc meets the min specs but fail the reccomended

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Do you have the latest drivers installed for your card?

Try turning down individual graphics adjustments - I think there's an 'Advanced' button in the graphics menu of Farcry. Turn down anti-aliasing and anistropic filtering, those will probably make the biggest difference.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Far Cry is a demanding game. Your system specs meet the minimum and recommended requirements but by no means does that mean you will be able to play on higher settings. The 5600 is a pretty weak card and playing smoothly at low settings is all i would expect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.