Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Far Cry and i went to go play it and it doesnt work.

when i goto campaign and chose like medium and chose the play button
first it goes to a video which i exit out of then it goes to a loading screen where the bar moves a little then the whole game closes

i dont get why this happens.

·
Registered
586 Posts
start -> run -> type dxdiag

tell what your ram, video card memory and company, hard drive size, and processor speed

if you dont have a good graphics card, the game might not work, as farcry needs a fast computer

·
Registered
586 Posts
Here are what I found for the system specs:

System Requirements:
Windows 98/Me/2000/XP (only); AMD Athlon 1 GHz or Pentium III 1 GHz; RAM: 256 MB; DirectX 9.0b-compatible graphics card from NVIDIA or ATI ; GeForce 3, 4, 4MX; NVIDIA-based cards must have ForceWare drivers 53.03; ATI Radeon 8500; ATI-based cards must have Catalyst drivers 3.9 Sound Card: DirectX 9.0b-compatible sound card DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b CD-ROM / DVD-ROM: 24X CD-ROM

your computer most likely has 256 mb RAM, but you also probably have a onboard video card, which takes away from the RAM

When you tell me your video card, I will be able to tell if farcray will work on your computer or not, but it doesnt sound like it will

you may want to check out ATI 9000 64 mb card which is a cheaper card, and should be able to run far cry on low resolution

it also should restore your RAM back to 256 mb
but, you may want to purchase more RAM as well, because soon most games are going to require 512 mb RAM as the minimum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.