Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a total of.. 8 fans all around my case and im wondering if I should all have them pulling air in or if some should pull air out too? Ive got 2 on the front of the case 2 on the side near the hard drives 1 on the back below the back panel 2 on the back side of the mobo and 1 on the door all blowing in. If this is fine thats cool but should I have any other directions?

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I get the picture of all those fans pulling air in and the computer case balloning up as if in some cartoon. Sorry I got a chuckle out of that one. I really am not picking on you. What you want is to balance out the way the fans move air in your case so that you are exhausting as much air as you ae bringing in. But on top of that you want air to flow across the motherboard not around it. so basically the fans at the back closer to the top should blow out. The fans towards the front bottom should suck air in.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
You should have some intake fans, preferably in the front, and some exhaust fans, preferably in the back. A proper cooling system takes time to map out, and even some trial and error.

Its important to have good airflow...more fans doesn't always mean better airflow. Since all of your fans are bringing in fresh air, theres nowhere for the hot air to go out except the exhaust fan of your powersupply, if it has one. Thats bad.

The characteristics of the individual fans also comes into play here...You'd be better off with one very powerful intake fan in the front and one very powerful exhaust fan in the back. That way you get fresh air moving inside of the case, going over all of the hardware, and then moving out as warm air in the back.

If I were you, I would narrow down my best fans and position them to get this sort of flow through your case...again, intake generally in the front, exhaust generally in the back.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
As I stated before the fans at the rear should be near the top of the case. Which your power supply already is. They should be pushing the air out. The reason for them being towards the top of the case is because hot air rises. It would be nice if you had a fan mounted on the top of the case (properly vented of course also pushing air out) I have seen case mods like that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes dusty I wanted a fan on top with some glass but frozenCPU refused to do it stating it was too close to the PSU to do it.. next month ima do it myself when I can afford a top mounted glass and fan kit I will reverse my back fans they r 92mm and 1.5in no idea what that is in mm.. My PSU has dual fan exaust and blower on inside. Im going to remove the dual fans I have on the back of the mobo and use them for exaust also. Thanks :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.