Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...

My New Viao thats just 2 weeks old got the best of me. It currently has Vista business.

It all started when I was download a movie that required Via. I installed quick time and restarted the labtop. After logging in to desktop. i received "explorer has stopped working". i was not able to log on to my desktop from then on. when i would open the task manager to run explorer i would errors and i wasnt able to restart explorer.

i restarted the computer is safe mode with cmd. did a sfc scan.
it told me that it was 99% complete but it was not able to fix all the corrupted files. i then did a chkdsk scan, and re-did the sfc scan. same out come. i have the CBS log to see which files it couldn't fix.

Now every time i log on to desktop, everything starts failing,
"windows live mseeneger stopped working, "host process for windows services stopped working" , 'windows media player stopped working" my Internet explored disappeared and i get a "Iexplorer is not a valid win32 application". It cant install the drives when i insert a USB key. i even get the blue screen of death at times.

I did a system restore and it didnt help. i tried to repair windows through my vista cd, and it didnt detect anything ot repair. I'm really stumped on this. I do know that everything works in safe mode.

i have the file i got from System file checker, i didnt want to post it, theres alot of text!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.