Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was lucky enough to inherit a server enviroment a few months ago, Server 2003. It is a trusted enviroment with other domains, one of which hosts all security groups, logon servers, main AD . One of our two dc's failed. (not coming back) Of course it was the main one which hosted the trusts, and 4 of the 5 schema roles. I was able to seize the schema roles, verified WINS ad DNS on my working dc, and two days later the trust was re-established. Basically I am running a legacy domain, all the users and security groups have been migrated to the new domain (Domain B), and these servers sit on the legacy domain (Domain A). After the outage, a lot (20%) of the security permissions applied in Domain A, but reside in Domain B have reverted back to pre-migrated (Domain A) security groups.

I apologize for my wording, I don't know the best way to explain my problem.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
How many domains do you have?
How many DC servers do you have per domain?
When you say legacy domain - do you mean Windows NT 4 or just 'old' domain? Can you explain.
To re-create a DC in a domain, rebuild the Windows server with the OS and DNS installed, re-join it to the domain and run DCPROMO to replicate the domain data back to it from a 2nd DC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.