Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a wondering ive had to reset my laptop running windowsxp home/and my wife laptop running vista home as my father is having them by doing this i had to press F11KEY on start up as told by the retail outlet i bought them from this will set them back to the day they came out the boxes and yes it did i was delited just how my father wanted them like new and he was able to set them all up from scratch,, however i told a mate of mine how to do this and said he couldnt do it on his xp professional CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHY THIS IS....

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
Sure, its a feature some (but not all) system manufacturers put on a computer for factory settings recovery. Even though such a factory reset restores the operating system as well it is not associated with a function of the operating system directly.

So it depends on who the manufacturer of the computer is, not the operating system. Also in the course of using the computer, corruption or deletion of the stored restore image\information can occur and make it impossible to reset to factory conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.