Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an Iomega external hard drive that has always worked in the past. Today I plugged it into my computer and nada. The computer doesn't acknowledge it all and it's not listed when I open up disk management. I tried a different USB cord and a different computer, but it still doesn't work. The little blue light is on on the hard drive, but it doesn't sound like it's running (none of the usual whirring sounds it would make). Any advice?

·
Registered
14,142 Posts
Hi, there are two possibilities here, either the hard drive has failed or the circuitry in the enclosure has develpoed a fault.

Remove the hard drive from the enclosure and (if you have access to one) hook it up to the internal connections of a dektop PC. Or, purchase a USB Hard Drive Adapter (about €10) from a computer store or eBay and then plug it into the USB connection on any computer and see if you can then access the drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.