Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking for a way to check the check digit on UPC codes. I created UPC #s for all items but for final IT realization they need a check digit (final number that is derived from a calculation of all the numbers created in the UPC). This check digit goes at the end of the UPC.

Any clues on how can I do this

Regards
Ray

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Numbers like 73147841365, 731478100236 If I could split this into one colum for each number, this would be great, I am sure its not impossible.

Thanks

Ray

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Most of the UPC code generation software I have seen creates its own last "check digit." You don't do anything to get it. When it prints, it makes the correct code.

As for the UPC scanning software I have seen, it is built into the software to verify the validity of the code, which includes the check digit.

If you want to use Excel to make the check digit, you then need to find out what the formula is used in your UPC scheme (there may be many) and make the corresponding formula to calculate against your base numbar.

I'm not saying it is easy, but perhaps you are trying to "re-create the wheel" and easier methods may already be available to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.