Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a problem with my excel. I use microsoft office 2007. I need to know how to merge 2 files into one.

<EDIT by ETAF
Take certain cells from Excel and merge them into a Word document, examples of word and excel are in a later post, and highlighted the cells that needed to be move from Excel and where inserted into Word >

Example, I have a Tae Kwon Do Studio, and my students are all doing test. I have the test form that I setup in excel, and in another file I have the name of all the students. How can I insert in the test file the name of the students that are testing??? Do I have to type the name one by one? I am sure there is a way to merge a field to fill the blank on the test paper right? if any one knows how please let me know. It will be very helpful.

Thank you

Jaime

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
whats the common info between the two sheets , i'm thinking of using somethign like vlookup

do you have a sample of each you could upload without sensitive info in we could see and try out

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I dont mind, the files are 2 different files under the same directory.

The main file is the test application where on page one I need to fill the name, ID#, DOB, Class, Present and Desired fields. The pages 2-4 only need to automatically plug the name on each page.

The file that is coming to merge is the one that has all the personal info about the student. I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you can come out with any ideas. Thank you Very much.

Jaime

P/S how do I upload this files to you????

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
OK - lets be clear on what you are trying to do , I thought it was 2 excel sheets

But you want to take data out of a word document and merge into an excel sheet

I think a very clear brief of what you want to do....

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
OK I have no idea how to do that - someone with more knowledge will answer - can you describe which columns of info - you need moved into which part of the word tables

Perhaps highlight the cells in different colours on excel and the same colours in word - to show the move...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
It sounds like you need to setup an Access database with reports for the testing. You can print out said reports, annotate notes and then add the data back into the database. Let me know if you intersted in doing this instead. This will be a one place solution and alleviate the need to switch between applications. Do you have MS Office 2007 Professional?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.