Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Excel uses points. Convert points to pixels.
Copied from some place I found on the web:

A "point'' is a unit of measurement equal to 1/72 inch. A scaling factor of 1.0 corresponds to 1 pixel per point, which is equivalent to a standard 72 dpi monitor. A scaling factor of 1.25 would mean 1.25 pixels per point, which is the setting for a 90 dpi monitor; setting the scaling factor to 1.25 on a 72 dpi monitor would cause everything in the application to be displayed 1.25 times as large as normal. The initial value for the scaling factor is set when the application starts, based on properties of the installed monitor, but it can be changed at any time. Measurements made after the scaling factor is changed will use the new scaling factor, but it is undefined whether existing widgets will resize themselves dynamically to accomodate the new scaling factor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im doing a case problem for a class Im taking in excell, but its for the excell version 2002 and i am doing it on excell 97 at home. I need to increase the width of column A to 130 pixels, the width of column B to 160 pixels, and the width of column C to 130 pixels. When i click on the border of the column to widen it, I get a number but im taking that to be the number of characters. Earlier in the book it converted 15 characters to 110 pixels. Hope this explains things. Thanks again for your time Dreamboat

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Did you search the web?

Definition of pixel:
graphics (pixel) The smallest resolvable rectangular area of an image, either on a screen or stored in memory. Each pixel in a monochrome image has its own brightness, from 0 for black to the maximum value (e.g. 255 for an eight-bit pixel) for white. In a colour image, each pixel has its own brightness and colour, usually represented as a triple of red, green and blue intensities (see RGB).

Interesting:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Q_20267914.html

http://eve.tereknor.com/solaris/solfaq/faq31.html

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
ok.
You said 2002, so I opens it up over here...
:)
I look up pixels in the help file.

Set print resolution and quality
Click the worksheet.
Do one of the following:

Set a specific print resolution

On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Page tab.
In the Print quality box, click the resolution you want to use.
Specify draft quality printing

On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab.
Select the Draft quality check box.

Move an object in increments
Select the object you want to move.
On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, point to Nudge, and then click the direction you want to move the object.
On a worksheet, you can also move an object by selecting it and pressing the arrow keys. Press CTRL and the arrow keys to move it in single pixel increments.

Note You cannot move an object in a chart with the arrow keys.

And that's all there is to it, darnit.
Lemme know if you want me to look somewhere else. I'm pretty good with Excel, but I don't see any where to change the measurement units like I can in Word.

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
I'm SOOO embarrassed. Should have read your post above better.

Sorry.

130 pixels = 17.86 points
160 = 22.14

Yeesh! I'll pay more attention next time...
I'll only be up for a short while yet, but will be happy to answer any other Qs you have any time you can't get to 2002.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hsdfhfdh

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry about that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.