Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the board!

When you click the Styles drop down in the Design contextual tab for Pivot Tables, look at the bottom for the New PivotTable Style... and click it. Define your style and click the default checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box.

HTH

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
firefytr said:
Hi there, welcome to the board!

When you click the Styles drop down in the Design contextual tab for Pivot Tables, look at the bottom for the New PivotTable Style... and click it. Define your style and click the default checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box.

HTH

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Yes, this is in Excel 2007. You can only do it for the specific document, but it can save them, yes. You may want to try doing this style on your default Book.xlsx file. I've attached some screenshots of where to go in a zip file (wasn't sure how to upload 4 pictures in one post).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
akaccess said:
I have excel 2007 does anybody know how can I make a Pivot table Look like a classis Pivot table layout to be as a default ?:confused:
akaccess, this is really confusing - as far as I can tell, firefytr answered you question. Are you wanting to make a new (that is, classic) look to apply, or are you thinking you can change pivot tables so that they always look like and perform like they used to? I haven't 2007, but I would bet that you can't do away with the option to make it look other than "classic" (speaking of which, what is classic - like in Office 2003? Office 97?)

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Wow, just looked at MrExcel page about the new version...what a huge change! I liked the changes in 2003 (I skipped 2000) where you could drop into fields, but that is far more flexible! I am tempted to get 2007 just for that!
However, MS has really put the shaft to lovers of Access...not even available in student edition anymore (used to be worth it to go to school - which I like - to get the cost of Access way down). :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.