52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 75580 MB; D: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 57499 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-S2L

When I try to clear the print area, I go to Page layout then Print Area and try to clear the are from the drop down menu, however nothing happens. I need to change the current print area and replace it with another. Any solution please?

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
if you click on clear area and then go back to print preview - nothing should appear
or if you want to replace - just select your new area and then set print area

·
Trusted Advisor
6,911 Posts
Are you sure a print area has been set?
Could you explain step-by-step ehat you're doing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Keebellah
Yes the print area was set. I then tried to clear it by going to Page Layout, Print area, drop down menu, highlight the area I want to clear press clear print area. Then I go to print preview and I notice the area has not been cleared. I have also tried to do the above without highlighting the area I want cleared

·
Trusted Advisor
6,911 Posts
If there is a print area, you don't have to select it to clear it, you just Clear print area.

You only need to select a print area if you want a new one.

You can also select an area and select Set print area and this is the new print area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did try to just clear print area without selecting it to no avail. I needed a new print area, however without clearing the one already set, a new area does not set. I selected the area I wanted set and pressed set print area, nothing changed

·
Trusted Advisor
6,911 Posts
There's not much more I can say, have to tried copying the worksheet to a new workbook?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.