Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone nice to be here. I work for a company that has been updating there applications from Office 2000 to Office 2007. Been some problems here and there but one really sticks out. When people go to open a excell document with a shortcut to that file excell will open but will not display any data. You have to click minimize to get it to do so. I have checked for add ins and updates that might conflict and have not found any. All add ins are turned off by default. My computer I work on does not do it because when I started I did not start with Office 2000 I went ahead and installed 2007. Also I did a fresh install from scratch on my computer most other employees that get a computer have been ghosted from a image.

·
Retired Moderator
14,171 Posts
Hi nerdboy20

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Does the same behavior occur if they create a fresh shortcut to the Excel file?
If not, the target of the original shortcut may need to be updated or just deleted and recreated.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Afraid no change. I deleted all the old shortcuts after the update. Alot of the files are saved on a server for public viewing for the company. Some are pretty old all the way from 2000. Mine does not have a problem opening them. I also noticed with a couple that if you put excel 2000 back on the computer and use 2000 to open program it does not do it. Also I made a spreadsheet on my computer with 07 and sent it as a attachment to another computer. They had that trouble I talked about and when they did some changes and sent it back to me I could open it without any problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.