Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been working on this problem for at least 3 weeks now. My laptop, which was built by a compaly in Fargo N.D. (bytespeed) is acting really strange. When running off of the battery, everything is just fine, no problems whatsoever. But, then when I plug in the power adapter, it acts like it's possessed, most of the time not getting past the BIOS in post, then the power cycles and it starts all over again. Sometimes it will make it as far as the login screen for WIN2k, but then it starts cycling again. So far I've WIPE'd the harddrive, flashed he BIOS and re-installed the OS. Now I'm at a complete loss. All of the fans are working like normal, so I'm pretty sure it's not a heat issue. Any help on this will be GREATly appreciated.:confused:

· Registered
1,297 Posts
If your savvy CHeck the voltage coming out of the power supply when it is under load conditions (hard to do) if its not putting out anywhere near its rated voltage you definately need another PSU.

Cheers

· Premium Member
52,999 Posts
If it has warranty...bring it back and refuse to leave until they take it to fix it. And then never buy from there again, it sounds like there are trying to weasel out of their warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.