Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 10142 Posts

·
Registered
51,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK--I'd like to take credit for this one, but it was MAC who figured it out. But anyway, I'd like to see all of you give this a try. Attach an image file to a post here like I did and then use the < img src= " " > to display it (just take out the spaces after the left and right arrows). After you attach the file, submit the entry, then go back and click on the image file and copy the URL and then edit your post and just paste the URL between the quotes for the image code and it will display as it does here (I am infamous for this image on this board!):

I think the real test will be if Crumb can figure out how to do this!!!

Hint: Edit my post to see what I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
51,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know what was wrong with your code, but I didn't really check. I just copied the one I used (I know that was right) and inserted the correct ID Number for your picture and as you can see, it works fine.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Mulder----In your first post above, why does that little boy keep covering up your face?

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
davey7549----Coming from a Marine I'll take that as a compliment. :)
Note, I didn't say ex-Marine. I've been told, rather loudly, there are no ex-Marines. Once a Marine always a Marine!

·
Registered
51,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Davey--you had the wrong address--I fixed it.

Ok folks, we are 1 for 3 now on this not good odds.

BTW--Crumb, nice try but you're not fooling me. We all noticed that you avoided the test. I'm guessing you spent two hours trying to get it to work, then gave up and came up with the idea to take a sniper shot at me instead--ain't gonna work my HTML-challenged friend!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Excuse me, may a slow learner ask a question here??

I saw everyones images fine except for Buck---only that drat little red x---then, when i click on the link, only an entire page (or more) of incomprehensible code???

Is this some sort of conspiracy??---once i get this part firured out, then maybe i can play the next round and try inserting an image----although for those of us without a hard drive, that may pose a unighe challenge-----but then, what's life without a few challenges along the way.

But, first, i wanna see Bucks image and i'm gonna hold my breath and stomp my feet till i do! :D :D :D

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
Mulder
I see what I did wrong! Just misunderstood which url to copy
upon edit. When I was in edit I clicked the image to open and copied the url at that point instead of copying the url as a shortcut before entering the edit function.
Captian Kirk eh. Could be when he gets one on us!
Dave

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
had to try another

when I click on any other attachment ( not the image) but mine I get the picture but when I click on mine I the file download box :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
My prob is Mulder said to:

Hint: Edit my post to see what I did.

I can't do that. Does it take a 'Senior Member' status to Edit, or in this case see, the HTML code used? I had to use the View > Source in my IE5.5 to get that incredible likeness of Mulder shown below:

Earlier, I tried to attach a file that I have been working on with Jasc's Animation Shop 3 that was saved in .gif form but it wouldn't work. Was I doing something wrong?

I'll attempt it again here.

As you can see, nothing.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
anglin_fool

I think you actually click quote not edit to see the code :)

buck

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
anglin_fool

click on post reply....type any thing you want in the message box

then below where it says Attach file click browse then in the choose file window find the file you want to post and highlite it so it's in the file name line and click open...then submit

If you want to display instead of having to click on it follow Mulder's directions

good luck

buck

1 - 20 of 10142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.