Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me please! Every time I delete a photo or move it to a folder, I get a "copy" in the original photo. I have tried highlighting & moving a group. I have tried moving them one at a time to a folder to delete. I have tried just deleting. I have more than 100 duplicates of some photos (just trying everything LOL). Any ideas? this is using the Picture Tasks on Windows xp.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Have you tried deleting them without using the picture tasks by just highlighting them and pressing the delete button?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I've tried all sorts of ways. The only way that I've found works is to do a file search & then delete. BUT, you're missing the problem. I want to find out how to get the system to stop duplicating my pictures every time that I either - move them to a new folder/different folder, delete them etc. ANY time I do anything the system duplicates the picture! I had 214 of one picture!

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Do you mean File and Folder Tasks instead of Picture Tasks? Copy to CD is the only option under Picture Tasks that would involve moving a file, and it copies the picture to the CD-R folder.

Where are the copies being created? Are they named like Copy of picture.jpg and Copy (1) of picture.jpg?
Does it happen when you select just one picture, or only when you select more than one, using either CTRL+Click or SHIFT+Click?
If that's the case, that can happen when selecting more than one picture if you move the mouse while you have the button held down. Even a slight movement can be seen by the PC as a Click and Drag into the same folder, so it will make copies of all the selected files.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.