Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have 2 PC's connected through a router using our broadband Cable connection. the problem is, one computer is hogging the connection upon playing an online game... now you might say "of course it will!" but our connection is fast enough that if i could just figure out how to get the firmware to limit how much bandwidth each system has access to, we'd be able to both play online, on the same server, with no problems.

Hell, my friend has a DSL connection that's half as fast as our Cable connection, and as I write this, he has 2 computers hooked up side-by-side, sharing that connection, playing online games simultaneously.

The router firmware seems to be fully-equipped with Filters and DMZ abilities and such... but I have NO idea what I'm doing in that area of advanced setup. Can anyone tell me what I'd have to do to get this working?

· Retired Trusted Advisor
19,935 Posts
Probably not going to happen with a home based router. You would need to buy a more expensive router or setup a proxy server like Squid, CCproxy or Bandwidth Controller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.