Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Today I was playing the ps3 (call of duty MW3)... normally I would connect via wireless but I'm getting a ton of lag and it's becoming frustrating. Later on I moved the ps3 downstairs and connected it via Ethernet and it worked so good.

I want to look into buying those Ethernet power lines but not sure how good they are compared to running a Ethernet cable from the ps3 to the router or how good they will be vs wireless anyone have any experience with this?

I just don't want to waste money on these. If all else fails we will probs run a Ethernet cable through the ceiling.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
All my machines in the house (4) are connected through Netgear units (one through a different Japanese/Chinese protocol). They work fine for me. Mine are rated at 54 mbps, more than my ISP's speed by a long shot.

Just make sure that the power outlets are on the same branch as the router is connected. Half the house should be on the same one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.