Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help my ethernet dose not respond to the modem went I use my pc I can't use the phone I have window 2000 laptop I try the usb , but the light of the modem dose not go on. netzero.com said the modem look good them what to do :eek: ? luckypizza57:eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try all:eek: no repond use the CD that come with the modem, I try unplug the modem pluging it again, the light that dose not go on is the light that said ethernet light and usb light too, the dsl , power, internet light are woking good I think it my pc that not working with modem. luckypizza57:eek: thank guys love to all. PS the CD said the install fail

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Probably a device adapter problem.
Let'see:
Let's take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. Under general tab should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

Then let's see this:
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
perroguy:cool:/ I did devngmt and this is whatI got/ 2wire usb remote ndis ethernet it is in yellow ! gen tap / not install I then use wizard it said unable to find deivce for this driver #2 unknown device yellow? not install use wizard unable find driver # 3 other device ! not install use wizard same . I open cmd before I wirte my loptop is window 2000 micorsoft 32rm it not xp should I go on please let me know luckypizza57:eek:

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
OK:Absolutely no disrespect felt. :D
So if I understand you correctly,you have devices with error indications.
For those devices,and I need a clarification of exactly what they are,I would go to the pc makers web site and download any current drivers for those devices as well as any current chipset driver that might be available
The info from an ipconfig /all would be very helpful also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is what I saw IP routing enabled >yes wins proxy enabled>no ppp adapter netzero wan<ppp /slip ping 1> 32bytes of data pack4 ping 3 dns severs unknow host ping4 yohoo.com unknow host no network conection wan miniport (IP) not avaiblie direct paralle not avalible adapter netgear wglllt 108 not availb dhcp true all the other said false I hope this will help me luckypizza57:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.