Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Australian and feel that the world is pushing Bindy Erwin into the lime light and she is not ready for it.

It was a funny feeling when the news was told about Steve Erwin and most people felt something when it happened.

But what is going on with his daughter is disgusting, she should be allowed to live her life the way she was before Steve's departing. Let Bindy Erwin be and when she can handle it all let her do it. She doesn't even know what she is doing, she's just to young.

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
hi lamb of god

some people might understand what your referring to, but i'm lost....i mean, i know who steve erwin is, but am not familiar the situation surrounding his daughter "being pushed into the limelight"

could you give us some more detail?

welcome to tsg, btw :up: :)

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
If what Bindy Sue is doing helps her to cope well with her father's passing, and move on with her life - and help to guide her younger brother's as well - then its best seen as a family decision (mainly her mother's who I'm sure is trying to put the events into perspective for her children's welfare in the best way she knows).

Nobody's business but their own as I see it.

Bindy Sue is going to fare well in her pursuit of her father's goals - and, she's sooo cute - I'm sure we all love her here in the US and wish her and the family of Steve Irwin the best!

I, for one, do not think that Bindy Sue is being exploited, but is a real natural, and able to tell her mom when its too much, and needs to be cut back - children today are smarter that we were at that age, and I have no doubt that Bindy is strong enough to make it through in a positive way.

I'm sure that keeping her well balanced with her kiddie mates time is part of the equation, and will help to keep her perspective healthy. Give her a chance to prove it, and support her efforts as much as you can down under, and she will do great!

-- Tom

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
I saw Bindy on Larry King two nights ago and you could tell she ENJOYED being there. Her mother doesn't encourage her to do anything related to show business that she doesn't want. Matter of fact her mother didn't speak one word for Bindy. The kid took control of the show and used her own mouth and brain. She is passionate about what she is doing... just like her father was and I think the world needs to butt out.

btw that child was the most well spoken & polite 8 yr. old that I have ever seen. Her parents did a one hell of a job and there's no doubt in my mind that gal is going to go places.

·
Registered
13,837 Posts
I agree I think her mother knows best and she is not expolting the situation . She kinows what is best for her daughter. I mean she had he decent decision to destroy all tapes of the death.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iltos said:
hi lamb of god

some people might understand what your referring to, but i'm lost....i mean, i know who steve erwin is, but am not familiar the situation surrounding his daughter "being pushed into the limelight"

could you give us some more detail?

welcome to tsg, btw :up: :)
What i'm saying is, although she DOES appear to be enjoying this limelight, she knows no different, she is an amazing little girl and has coped so well, however anyone would be enjoying the limelight at eight years old if they new no different as is her case, but its not normal and i believe a girl in her position, who is undoubtedly going to help our environment should be left alone to do her own thing.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I saw the little tike on Larry King and she is the most composed, articulate girl her age I've ever seen! One day I hope to be a good enough parent to have a daughter like her. Those two must have raised her very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts