Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i got the xp system up and running again, i still can't access my network. in the properties for the nic i get that message and when i try to set up a new network connection, windows can't find any network adapter. i have uninstalled/reinstalled the device several times, used the latest drivers for it and even switched nics with the same results. how can i get xp to start this device?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this was on my mother's pc. she installed an embroidery program for her husqvarna sewing machine that required a usb dongle and hosed the entire system- it wouldn't boot(xp box) and went into a reboot loop on her w2k box. i had to hook up her hd to one of my pc's to run the repair install and to uninstall the program. even went into the registry to get all remnants of that program out of the system. i have done both reboot installs of the nic and uninstall/reinstall w/o rebooting.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the suggestions but nothing worked so i broke down, formatted the hd and started from scratch. this time i am going to burn an image of the os setup to a dvd-tired of reloading everything one by one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.