Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently installed a new harddrive into my computer. After the installation, I reviewed a few of my system config. and found that my sound driver was missing. I reinstalled the driver, however this became choice lead to several other problems. Currently, I still have no sound and for some reason, whenever I downsize a program it goes on top of the taskbar at the bottom of my screen, instead becoming a part of the taskbar. My taskbar is supposed to be set to the new windows xp taskbar, but it looks like the classic windows taskbar. Whenever I open up Windows Media, two different Windows Media Players appear in the Task Manager window.

I have reviewed my BIOS for possible answers, but have come up with nothing. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the PCI SB! Live card, but nothing happened. As stated above I have tried to reinstall the driver. I believe that the majority of my problems lie with my sound card. Any advise would be very helpful.

I am running an AMD 1.4 GHz Processor in an Windows XP enviornment. I have 384 RAM. Any other information I will provide as requested. Thank you all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.