Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a clean install on a system I built about two years ago. Amd xp 2600, gigabyte GA7n400L motheboard dual ddr pc 2700. Ati all in wonder 7500. I am having a heck of a time getting the OS to install. I keep getting these messages The file msisam11.dll was not copied correctly press enter to try again. If I skip the file I end up getting another one. The message also says something about The file setup placed on your hard drive is not a valid Windows xp system image. If you are installing from a cd, There may be a problem with the windows xp cd. It then says to retry press enter.
I have used this cd at least twice on this sytem in the past. I have removed all hardware except the video memory and hard drive along with a dvd rom and a cd rom. The settings are correct for the two drives. Any ideas?
Jerry
After trying to skip a few files I get a blue screen that says Page fault in non paged area. Do you think I have a piece of hardware?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well here is what I did so far. I had two sticks of memory in the computer. They were set up for dual channel. I removed one and the os installed fine. I put the one back in the dual channel slot and I had problems installing service pack two. There was a file is corrupt error two times in a row. So I put the memory stick in the slot next to the other not the dual channel configuration and it seems to be working now. Does this mean there is a problem with the motherboard? Or is the memory bad? This computer was shutting down and restarting like it had the sasser virus before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.