Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, hope you can help me out of a bind.

Bought a new wireless printer (HP Deskjet 3050) for use with my home network. Installed without flaw on my Windows 7 machine, and the printer has no issue connecting to my router.

However, I cannot for the life of me get the drivers installed on my Vista 32 laptop. Each time I try the process is halted with windows posting an error:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

The syntax of the INF is invalid"

I cannot figure out how to get around this. I have downloaded the latest drivers from HP's website, but received the same error. Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trying to install the drivers

I turned windows firewall off, but I haven't tried turning AVG off (don't believe there is any other anti-virus software on the machine)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have the vista drivers.

I can't seem to deactivate any of AVG, any idea's of how to do that?

Another clue to the puzzle, my girlfriend mentioned (this is her laptop) that it has always had problems adding printers, and that she could not install the printer at her previous home either. Perhaps this is more an issue with windows?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.