Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on startup error message shows up stating file cannot be opened file may be corrupted replace with new file.uninstalled anything that i had installed previously a problem showed up saying that microsoft video for windows .dll has altered windows system file any ideas?

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
try going to start/run/type sfc and press enter. run the system file checker to look for altered or corrupt files

It may also be something being loaded from msconfig, go to start/run/type msconfig and press enter, go to the startup tab, this is a list of everything that windows loads at startup.
Uncheck anything you don't think is needed.
If your not sure go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter, go to left hand frame, software environment tab, expand it, select startup programs, you should see a list of the programs in the right hand column, go to the edit menu, choose select all, back to edit menu, choose copy, then paste the list back into this thread and maybe someone will notice something loading that could be the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Sounds like you may have a virus...

Have you tried to log on in safe mode?

If you can & have an updated virus scanner ... you should run it.

Savvy :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Oh I thought he was not able to boot up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hopefully Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE Calendar Checker Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe"
ZoneAlarm Common Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nopopup
run Win.ini hpfsched
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
SoundMan Registry (Machine Run) SOUNDMAN.EXE
StillImageMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
LoadQM Registry (Machine Run) loadqm.exe
New.net Startup Registry (Machine Run) rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup
MSN Messenger Registry (Machine Run) C:\MY DOCUMENTS\MY RECEIVED FILES\PIC1324(2)(1).exe
CreateCD Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\ADAPTEC\EASYCD~1\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE -r
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
TrueVector Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
MiniLog Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service
hopefully this list is helpful in solving my problem

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hi 7wolves1,seems like BrianF isnt here right now so i'll jump in.You have a spyware program in your startup programs,and a real nasty one,called newnet.Go to Start>Run>type in msconfig>click ok.Click on the startup tab,take the check mark out next to newnet,click apply,then ok,reboot the computer.Now go to the control panel,add and remove programs,highlight newnet,click the remove tab,reboot the computer.

Now go to this site and download a program called Ad-aware5.6,this is a free program that will scan your computer for any spyware componnets that might still be there.

http://www.lavasoftusa.net

After you download the program,also download the lastest signature file (Ref-list)unpack it to the lavasoft folder,now run the scan,making sure all the boxs on the left side of the dislog screen are check.Delete all the spyware the Ad-aware finds.

Let us know how you make out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
beach 51 ,sorry took so long to reply back.did everything you suggested and found 2componets got rid of them with the adware program as well as that net startup you also told me to get rid of .error message still showing up, what now?yes i did reboot my computer after all of the above.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
:cool: Hello 7wolves,

Go Here and download Bootlog Analyzer. Install it on your machine then run it. Be sure to check the "Show Delays" and "Show Failures" options when you run it. This program will tell you what is failing to load and it will also tell you how long each startup app. takes to load. Copy and paste the info here if you need any help. Good Luck. KW1

Yes, it's freeware and has no spyware.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
downloaded bootlog analyzer checked show details,show failures but coundn't make heads or tails of it. also couldn't get it to copy or paste am i doing something wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seems like nothing seems to be helping you here. Are you Uninstalling anything? if so, are you doing it the right by clicking Start/Settings/Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs? Now this problem won't fix your error message. I know someone who always has these problems. I would try reinstalling Windows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
problem resolved folks!!! thanks to everyone who came to my aid in giving me suggestions as to what could be done .i was talking to another tech guy and he told me to go back to start/run/misconfig/startup ,again and try taking out items that were downloading at startup one at a time.then reboot each time. if it worked then i would know what item it would be . if it didn't them put the item back and go on to the next one but not to take out anything relating to windows. come to find out it was msn messenger where my problem was. also my daughter told me today she had a problem with outlook express when i started having this problem. so once again thanks everyone. may you be a half an hour in heaven/before the devil knows you're dead

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks rollin' rog info will prove useful if this happens again . counldn't care less myself ,about msn messanger daughter is the only one who uses msn. thanks, you hit the nail on the head.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.