Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an error message that I cannot fix. The message is as follows

The instructions at Ox6c371351 referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be read.

It appears as I exit IE Explorer.

It seems like I had this message a few months ago but cannot remember where I found the solution. A Google search of this gives the message that I have been getting but does not offer any clues about how to get rid of it.

Anyone had and solved this problem?

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
I find that disabling add-ons in Internet Explorer helps this problem, as does waiting for them to fully unload before shutting down, if the error happens more then.

Adobe reader add-ons seem to be the worst, in my case it has nothing to do with memory.

·
Gone but always remembered
1,049 Posts
kiwiguy, if I may interject...

Where does one disable add-ons in I.E.?

Thanks,

Ben.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I followed idowindows' suggestion and ran memtest86. It is a good program and after 7.5 hours, I cancelled (13 passes with no errors).

Also, I looked for IE Explorer Add-Ons and found that I have none. I had deleted all of them a few months ago after a similar ( or maybe the same problem) and it fixed everything. Trouble is that whereever I found that suggestion at that time, there was one other thing to stop (I think it was a service) but I cannot find that solution again although I thought I had printed it to a pdf file and saved it.

Thanks for your suggestions. Now, will keep searching for that old fix and hope if works if I find it. At least at this time, the possibility of a memory failure and add-in problems has been eliminated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.