Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an error message as follows: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010905-01.dmp
(next line) c:\docume~1\Peggys~1.peg\locals~1\Temp\Wer5.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml.
this is after a blue screen. Any advice would be most helpful.
Thank you.

·
Banned
2,024 Posts
Frist do a disk clean up. And reboot your computer. If disk clean up dosn't work for U. Run the XP repair tool. To do this you should boot to the Windows XP CD. It will say press enter to install windows now, then press R to repair. When it completes the job, take out the Windows XP CD and restart your computer. This should take care of the the error message.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I followed your instructions, Kenny. I got to the point after selecting "R" for repair where it asked me which installation I wanted to repair. I don't know how to answer that question. Please advise.

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
How many installations do you have on that PC?

It's likely to be only one unless you have in the past accidentally or purposely installed a second instance.

How many does it show for you to choose from?

If only one, select that one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It only has one.
It doesn't show any for me to choose from.
It asks the question, "which installation do you wish to repair?" on the black & white dos screen. There are no choices after the question, only a blinking cursor. Do I put a #1, do I type out "one" ... I don't know dos, so I don't know what to type to answer it's question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.