Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
have been having trouble with my son's computer which was also on aol. Had trouble with spyware and aol tech advised me to download spybot and another adware prog however since I ran them and deleted the scanned items I am receiving an error message everytime I log on ( error C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2DLL "the specified module cannot be found" )and although my modem is signing on and connecting to both aol and supanet - I cannot get anything on the browser. I assume I've deleted something with the spyware - is there any way to restore it without wiping my disk and reloading windows?
Help please!
Thanks
Sue :)

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
Let's see if this will restore the connection. You can download LspFix and put it on a floppy, transfer and run it on the affected machine:

Click here to download LspFix

Launch the application, and click the "I know what I'm doing" checkbox. (DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE!)

Click Finish.

Then please do this:

Please do this. Click here to download Hijack This. Un Zip it and click on the Hijackthis.exe.

Click the "Scan" button when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.

Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required. Someone here will be glad to advise you on what to fix.

*Note: When you download Hijack This Do Not download it or UnZip it to a temp folder or to the desktop. Create a permanent folder somewhere like in My Documents and name it Hijack This and put it in that folder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.