Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have Counter-Strike 1.5 and the Steam 1.6 version. 1.6 works fine. 1.5 does not.

Whenever I go to join a 1.5 game, I get to choose CT or T and then my character. But then it send me to the console and says "Host_Error: Dispatch UserMsg: Illegal UserMsg 255".

What do i do?

Please help so I can play CS tonight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
you may not be able to. :(
they are ending the Beta tonite and the servers are down. they are also trying to coordinate the Steam system so that games/steam will be compatible. there's no info that i can find that says how long this will take.
might check in the morning to see what's what.

V***V

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
That's correct...I've heard rumors of people getting 1.5 to work with Steam by having Steam treat it as a third-party mod, but I have no idea if it works. But yes, the function of Steam is to replace WON, and once they get it working as they intended, WON will no longer exist.

However, you will be able to play LAN games with 1.5, as they don't require you to connect to the internet...I think.

G

·
nooo 1.6 goes so slow i hope they change there minds and make it so that you can still play 1.5 on wON and 1.6 on steam

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
No, the whole point of Steam is to remove the WON system. If they keep it, then they need WON identification servers running, as well as Steam identification servers. It's much easier to just have one set running, and WON interfere's with Valve's plans for global domination anyway, so...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.