Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an error message "not a valid win32 application" when i run alot of my programs....anything i can install or do to help this! please help!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had a similar problem some time ago. If jcandiff's suggestion doesn't work (it probably will), then check out this thread

jrob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanx for all the replies.....first of all ...just to get things cleared up i'm pretty amateur when it comes too this sort of thing...normally i consider myself pretty knowledgable to me... most the stuff i've read here seems like another language...

anyways i got that AA tools program and found that i have about 85 errors in my registry...what do u mean by use it to mimick a windows 98 environment?

I have tried uninstalling winamp and doing several other things but once again more...not a valid win 32 ap....anyways can you maybe tell me what to do in a little more detail? hehe sorry i'm slow....thanx though!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The applications that you are having problems with aparently dont like running in a Windows 2000 environment.If we can make the application think that it is running in a Windows 98 environment you should have no problems. This is what happens when you launch a DOS based application.A DOS Shell opens and the application is ran from there.
The link that i gave you is for an application that has the ability to "Trick" applications into thinking that they are running in a different environment (instead of w2k).
Im sure that there are shareware or freeware application out there that accomplishes the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanx for all the help...got it working!!...just one more thing... i have been trying to modify my startup files for windows 2000 but can't get it to work.....i ran msinfo32 which brings up a system information window....I found the startup files that i want to remove but it wont let me delete them from there.... can you tell me where to go?

THanx!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.