Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently turned on my laptop and it froze at the welcome screen.

I waited a couple of minutes and this error message came up:

HPWirelessMgr.exe - Application Error:
The instruction at "0x76b21285" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

What should I do?

· Registered
17,594 Posts
The error can come from a myriad od sources, it seems that in this case the HP Wireless Manager process is trying to read from memory that does not exist (its being referred to the wrong memory location)

This can be faulty RAM, a faulty Hard Drive or just a corruption in the program.
Or just a one-time glitch from a power disturbance, or....

Does it happen every time you reboot?

Try reseating the RAM.

· Registered
47 Posts
Open regedit

"Start->Run->"regedit" <enter>"

browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Now look for HPWirelessMgr.exe in the list.

If found, delete it.

Reboot.

-niko

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I cannot be able to get into Windows. I read on another website with the same problem and said to repair Windows, so I did and now I get the Blue Screen of death. Looks like I have to reformat unless there is another way around this?

· Registered
13 Posts
well if you can get to safe mode that would help a lot you could go to start run msconfig then stop that process from starting. but im guessing if your ram really is bad. the computer will get that error on another program that loads too.
if all else boot to a floppy and go to dos LOL do the command

del then the location of file if you know it

· Registered
2 Posts
I just got this problem this morning. I turned my laptop off last night and let Windows XP do it's own update and shutdown. When I turned it on this morning my log in names were gone and I got this same HPWirelessMgr.exe Application Error.

I went into Safe Mode but I still couldn't log in, it would tell me "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted."

So I'm stuck with just the log in screen.

Anyone got any ideas?

· Registered
2 Posts
I hadn't found a solution. Our computer Admin is just going to go ahead and ghost the computer so I can get back online using it.

If anyone does come up with a solution, please post it so that it is available for future reference for others.

Thanks anyways!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.