Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have windows vista home basic sp2 and when i try to unistall a program i get an error message; "Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. error 5: Access is denied".
At first I thought it was the program untill i tried another , and another,and another and it just comes up with nearly every program and i have know idea what caused the problem or how to fix it thanks 4 any help in advance

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
A quick Google-search returns numerous results that are related to a virus infection. Have you ran an updated virus scan lately? Also try at least one additional online scan for another opinion as one scanner will never find everything.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I think you asked if it could cause AVG antivirus to turn off.

Yes, there are certain viruses that will disable your antivirus application. If you think about it, this would be the ultimate objective of any virus. Disable the thing that may detect and remove you!

If this and your other error is happening, I strongly believe you have a virus. Try running Malwarebytes. But I would also consider going to the Malware Removal & HijackThis Logs forum. Be sure to read the first sticky entitled Please read here first BEFORE posting for help in this forum first though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.