Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there
OK, ive been trying to update my directx so i can play a new game that requires vertex and pixel shading, i have direct x 9 and i think i need to dl the 9c, ive already dld the files from the site but when i try to open them i get an error message that looks like this:
Error creating proess <C:\DOCUME~1\L\LocalSettings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\dxwsetup.exe>.
Reason: indows\system32\advpack.dll

Ive already found a similar thread on this site but it was yrs ago and the guy who had the problem had a different comp to me and kinda solved it himself before the person helping got the the bit i really needed to know.
In that thread the helper asked to know wat was in the system porpoerties> advanced > environmental variables> path and he had a simialr thing to me but he used a programe i dont have to solve it.
This is what mine looks like:
C:Windows\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\DivX Shared\
I changed the first systemroot to windows like it said in the original thread but i dunno wat to do with the rest of um or if that will even work for my computer.
Please please help me, i really really wanna play this game and this issues is doing my crust in :)
Thank you for your time
x L

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Before you get too involved with changing any paths or settings, make sure that you don't already have DirectX9c.

Click Start > Run > type dxdiag > press enter. On the first tab the bottom line will list your DirectX version. Don't forget that it's not just a matter of installing a driver or directx, your physical video card will also need to support these features.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.