Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the New Norton Security Suite my computer was working great. But after I tried to reboot, I got this message:

[Windows Product Activation]
A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer.
Error Code: 0x800700c1

I can't log in. I only can boot up in Safe Mode. I can't boot up with Safe Mode with networking, so no internet can be used. I don't have the reinstall disk. But the I386 file is on there. Tried to do a sfc /scannow, but I got this error code: 0x000006ba. When I reboot in normal mode I get another error message: Unable to log you on because of an account restriction. Tried to remove Norton in safe mode but it won't let me. Tried to do a system restore, and it gives me this message: System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run System Restore again. I called Norton, Microsoft, and Toshiba, and they all wouldn't help unless I paid them $40-$60. And they didn't even know if they could help me. Soooo, I need your help Guys & Gals!!! Just let me know what I should do, and I'll do it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dude, you got pwned bad by Norton's firewall :(. The best to do is reinstall your O.S. and never touch Norton again. The alternative I would try is plugging your hard drive to another computer and removing Norton's folder, but I'm not sure if it would work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.