Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhhh, ok, thank you. I tried deleting the remote desk top and reinstalling it but nothing is working. I can sign on to the remote desktop on my laptop but just not on this PC. What could be wrong?

·
Super Moderator
19,820 Posts
The link you have posted is for an Apple Mac computer.
Are you running Windows or an Apple Mac computer?
If an Apple Mac - I will move you to that forum as I have never used a Mac computer.

If it is a Windows Pc - I will need to research Remote Desktops myself to find an answer for you.
Meanwhile, other members may have some suggestions for you.

·
Trusted Advisor
3,837 Posts
Can we have some basic info to start with
What is trying to connect to what
E.g Win 7 to win 10
Or win 10 to server 2019 etc etc

·
Trusted Advisor
3,837 Posts
So one computer is windows 7 which you are using remote desktop on to connect to another computer
What other OS is the other computer running
Windows 7 also or windows 10 or windows server - 2012 or 16 or 22
If a server is this a work server.

·
Trusted Advisor
4,311 Posts
Given the time difference, there's a good chance @PeterOz may be sleeping, so I hope you don't mind me chiming in here. Stating you're needing to work Remote Desktop isn't really helpful, I'm afraid. That's why Peter is asking these valid questions to determine what you're trying to connect to at the other end. There are a whole plethora of issues with remote desktop, so is this a work PC you're trying to connect to at the other end? If so, do you have an IT department at your work who can help you troubleshoot this issue?

·
Trusted Advisor
25,673 Posts
I think you need to check the settings for RDP on the windows 11 computer
If the Windows 11 computer does have the check on the - only allow etc RDP with Network level authentication - checked then that may be the problem presuming of course
that you are listed as an authorised user.

Rectangle Font Operating system Multimedia Screenshot

If the Network Level Authentication option is enabled, the older versions of remote desktop clients can’t be used to connect the latest Windows Operating Systems.

·
Trusted Advisor
25,673 Posts
also is the company using mac filters on the system
A1 Peter
If they are over to you for a starter of 10
I would not know where to start

·
Trusted Advisor
25,673 Posts
mdsk
I believe you have seen my suggestion andd the issue of MAC that was raised by PeterOz
Your response would be appreciated

1 - 20 of 37 Posts