Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

Bit of a prob here. i did have 2000 pro but, i recently upgraded to XP pro.
now every time I try to remove or add any software I get this 1926.... here is the message from my last error:

"Error 1926. Could not set file security for file 'C:\Config.Msi\'. Error: 5. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions for this file."

Am I running parellel OS's? Unfortunatly I have taken my PC for granted and I am extreamly reliant on it for school. Don't know what id do without your help, Thank you! James Sterling

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Persmissions? How are you logged on?
Also config.msi should be a hidden directory - does it exist on your system? If not, try creating it and then setting the permissions appropriately.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think I know how to "Give the local Administrators group or the Everyone group FULL access to the root of C:\." Thanks for your time JS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if config.msi exists or not. I suppose im not so good at this stuff. How do I find it, or look for it. I could never find many Easter eggs, hehe. Any info you can give would greatly be appriciated, Thank you very much for your time. JS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.