Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Weird problem I have never seen before,
Set up my mates brand new Compaq (this plug goes here and this one here type setup)
not that good a mate and a Friday afternoon, so cant quite remember sys specifics.
anyway Compaq optical USB mouse decides it likes the top left hand corner whenever you move it, tried a different port, even lent him my spare MS optical (same deal) when I see him at work on the 2nd of Jan will give him a USB to PS2 adapter, googled the problem and ended up with everything from cat hairs LOL to try a different mouse pad ( thats why I like optical no f****n mouse pads )
Anyone dealt with this successfully?
Thanks
cY83r [email protected]

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
With cheaper optical mice it will do exactly what you described if it's on a glossy surface. Try putting it on a mouse pad or a piece of paper and see if the problem goes away. If so you either have him buy a decent optical mouse or use a mouse pad. Even without being a gamer there is no substitute for a good quality high DPI mouse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know how expensive the mouse he originally got with his PC is, but the Microdaft one I Lent him cost enough and never gave me any grief, his desk is a cheapy woodgrain matte laminate similar to mine but will try your ideas Thanks GripS

And no its not a wireless RT cheers anyway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.