Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hello!,
This should be simple, but I have no idea...Here at our Institution we have a computer witn Windows XP that once you boot-up, it takes us to a "login" page with two "users" listed. Both "users" are students who left the school, and we don't have the password. Right now there is no way to access the computer. What can I do? Is there any special password that will take me to Windows XP and delete both "users"? Please let me know, thanks, Xavier 57 :confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
You should be able to gain access in safe mode. There's an admin account visible from there.
To get into safe mode, boot regularly, but after the BIOS screen goes away, press F8 a few times. A menu should come up asking how to boot. Go into safe mode.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
won't a password be required even in safe mode?

your suggestion would be a simple way to get into most xp systems and change stuff, that's why there's an administrator, to keep you from doing it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the admin account shouldn't be password protected, or if it is, it should be "admin". Let me try it out real quick.

EDIT: The Admin account isn't password protected. If you're correctly booting into safe mode, then there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
Whether or not the Administrator account has a password or not depends on if you assigned one when you installed the machine. If you didn't set a password for the Administrator account, then you can log into it by entering Administrator as the user name and leave the password field blank. If that doesn't work, then it's possible one of the students changed the password.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.