Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new here but ......i need help as Im getting no-where with my problem. I have a new Epson CX5000 All in one. I followed the instructoins ( several times) for starting it up. I turned off AVG antivirus , and anything else running that I could see......but as soon as I go to plug in USB cable my machine goes absolutely nuts and shuts down then starts up then shuts down over and over again ..........justy before it shuts down I get the "BLUE SCREEN" for about 2 seconds ............I guess its not important that Im unable to read it ( I know this is bad). I tried getting the latest driver updates........and I download them then after it finished a text bubble came up and said this device will not work on your current operating system.............I really need a printer and Im almost ready to test the crush strength of this one with my truck. Something must be running that I cant see thats not allowing the printer to load .............Im really needing a solution to this. I did speak with someone in techsupport at Epson which is how I was told to disconnect from the net and shutdown AVG however it was difficult to understand this guy and I felt like I should order some Babaganoosh ..................PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE:(

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Hi dazedone

Let's see if we can read what's on the blue screen. Go into Device Manager and click Advanced, then StartUp and Recovery, followed by Settings. Under System failure uncheck the Automatically restart box. Hopefully the system will now stop at the blue screen and you can report what it says.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blue screen of death had this to say:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to protect your computer from damage.
If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer , press f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe-mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000005 , 0x00000000 , 0xF89FD90C , 0xF89FD608)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Phyical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I had to reboot computer after unplugging the USB cable five times before it came back to life...........man this is nuts:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In addition I downloaded the latest driver update ........then after i unzipped it a text warning came up and said:

This printer will not work with your current operating system.

What the $%^# is going on .........Im gonna lose it.....

dazedone

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
Any problem with any other usb devices? I had something like this happen with an Epson R300 but it was not new, the pc was and we wound up replacing the printer and all was well. I suspect the printer is defective, is it possible to try the printer on another pc? Have you tried a different printer cable?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure im plugged into a Hub .........Ive had no other USB device issues and my last printer worked fine until it physically had problems. It was also an Epson ......> stylus c82

Im ready to return this printer >>> if I can..........any suggestions on whats a good ALL IN ONE and wont probably give me this kind of grief ????:mad:

dazedone

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.