Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with the links in my emails. They won't click to their target . . . TSG.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Xico

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Concast? that probably is your ISP (Internet Service Provider). The email client would be Outlook, or Outlook Express, or Thunderbird, or Eudora, or Opera email, or others.

An email client is an application running on your computer. If your email is accessed via a webpage (such as Yahoo email, or Gmail, or Hotmail) then, if the weblinks do not jump as expected, your problem is with your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera browsers, for example).

·
Registered
29,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went thru Comcast, but I had no problem with the links in Comcast. It has to be with Outlook Express. :eek:

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
It is a misspelled word. I think it is spelled Ails like when you are sick. Oh I appreciate being told about this I will try to return the favor sometime.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I wasn't trying to be smart, I just had no idea what you were saying.
Especially since the link you gave for repairing xico's apparent weblink issue, in his email, was for setting a default browser. Not what I would have guessed his problem to be.

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Believe it or not that is the fix that works It worked for me and several other people. Something happened to the default settings for the browsers and this fixes it.

·
Registered
29,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ChuckE said:
Concast? that probably is your ISP (Internet Service Provider). The email client would be Outlook, or Outlook Express, or Thunderbird, or Eudora, or Opera email, or others.

An email client is an application running on your computer. If your email is accessed via a webpage (such as Yahoo email, or Gmail, or Hotmail) then, if the weblinks do not jump as expected, your problem is with your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera browsers, for example).
Okay, we're on the same page. Thanks! :up: It's Outlook Express.

·
Registered
22,834 Posts
If you click on a hyperlink in a web page and only a blank window appears,

1. Go to Start / Run
2. Then enter regsvr32 urlmon.dll
3. Click Ok when finished
4. If that single change does not resolve the problem, repeat the process by running the following additional entries:

* regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
* regsvr32 Msjava.dll
* regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
* regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
* regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
* regsvr32 Browseui.dll
* regsvr32 Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

There have been several instances where the previous tip using regsrv32 does not solve the problem with hyperlinks not working. In this case try:

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools / Internet Options
3. Click on the Programs tab
4. Click on the Reset Web Settings button

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Hi Bob, Have you seen this fix when you go look at it the link for the download is down the page below the section as to what browsers it works with

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

I already suggested it but who knows .

·
Registered
29,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ozrom1e said:
Hi Bob, Have you seen this fix when you go look at it the link for the download is down the page below the section as to what browsers it works with

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

I already suggested it but who knows .
Hi ozrom1e! heh heh It worked! I couldn't get Maxthon for whatever reason . . . even after I uninstalled my copy, so I tried MyIE2, and the problem has been solved. Amazing.Thank you! Absolutely amazing!

Hi Bob! Before I had a chance to try your directions, I solved it with a new installation of MyIE2. Amazing, but I'm copying your directions for the next time. Thanks! Muchas gracias!

xico:D

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
You are Welcome and enjoy and have a good day.

·
Registered
29,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ozrom1e said:
You are Welcome and enjoy and have a good day.
And thanks again. You know I remembered that I had just allowed Maxthon to install an update, and then I was having trouble with the links. That update must be the culprit.:D
I see if I can't send them a note. I'll bet there's more than one having this problem!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.