Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!! I can receive my mail but I am unable to send any,when I do an error pops up saying: connection to server has failed Acct. mail.comcast.net server smtp.comcast.net protocol smtp port 110 secure (SSL) no, socket err 10060 Error no. 0 x 800 CCCOE. My IP says all setting are correct, Microsoft told me to enable" my server requires authentication" and that didn't work so I opened a mew email address with Yahoo and can send mail without any problem, I am using Windows XP and Outlook Express for mail, what can I do to solve this? I was using CA anti virus but have since removed it which made no difference.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It would appear that your smtp server (outgoing mail) in O.E. is not precisely correct, although you say that your IP say's it is ! How do they know?Is it possible you have an extra period or something?What exactly does the box say?
Ben

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would appear that your smtp server (outgoing mail) in O.E. is not precisely correct, although you say that your IP say's it is ! How do they know?Is it possible you have an extra period or something?What exactly does the box say?
Ben
The O.E. outgoing smtp box reads mail.comcast.net, the port is 110. I contacted them and we went over the settings on the phone but we all know that they don't always know what they are doing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Trusted Advisor (deceased)
5,176 Posts
Hi Becky0000,
It could be a problem with the Identity.
Try creating a new Identity and redo the account for it.
If it sends and receives ok, Import your messages into it and delete the old Identity.
T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.