Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help my friend with his computer but he got this Emachines computer and it keeps on saying "media test failed" "check cable" I think I see where something should probably be powering the media but it looks like a T shape from tetris and the power cables we have in it don't look close to it at all its drivin me up the wall :confused: please any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Welcome to TSG....

I would shut-down the computer and remove the enclosure side or cover from it and make sure the connectors for all of the drives are in the correct position and plugged in securely and also that the settings in BIOS are set correctly and also check the date and time to see if they are correct...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx yeah just like in networking why test layer 3 if it cant get past layer 1 I shoulda done that but then again Ive only recently got into taking apart computers. Ill go check that out now. "computers can't live with em can't live without getting blind sided by their logic"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.