Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an e Machine that will not connect to ATT dsl. I spent 3 hours on the phone with ATT. While doing the run through we noticed the emachine would not run the ipconfig in dos. Have you had this problem? If so how do I fix it?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
If you don't have Win2K or XP, then ipconfig won't work. you will need to run "winipcfg" instead.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
gurutech said:
If you don't have Win2K or XP, then ipconfig won't work. you will need to run "winipcfg" instead.
IPCONFIG has been a standard part of Windows since W98.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
DFrost said:
When I hook up the dsl modem, the installer gives me the error that it can not find the modem.
Is this a USB modem? Can you use Ethernet? With Ethernet, you don't need any drivers, so no installer issues. :)

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
You don't need to run any installer for the modem if you're connecting it via ethernet. Is the network adapter appearing in Device Manager without errors? Do you see lights on the port of the network adapter? Have you or can you try this connection with another computer?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I took the emachine to the Geek Squad. They did some winsox or winsoc thing and the computer worked at Best Buy, then I got home and still did not find the modem. Does anyone know anything about what they may have turned off in the security settings?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.