Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I safely eliminate Outlook Express from my system? Had a problem with viruses, including the Nimda, the dirty dog, and would like to eliminate Outlook Express from the system. Maybe restore it later. Much thanks,

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
Hiya

I have a reply sent via PM.

Hi: Thanks for the quick response. Will followup. Yeah, I had to go into the Registry and tickle things a bit. Ran the latest AV Norton definitions, three times and no reports of any lingering viruses. When the Outlook Express is brought up, it has that forlorn-looking, wiggly bug, but that's probably debris and I can't seem to get right of that feature at this point. Thought I'd get rid of Outlook Express and see what happens, and then either leave it off or reinstall at some later date. Quick Books, and other utility programs, the Micrososft Office series, etc., all seem to be behaving. I suppose if I could get rid of that nasty looking bug when dialing into Outlook Express, I'd be much happier. Any thoughts of dumping the bug in Outlook Express would be appreciated. Note your a Brit. We all came across the pond, I suppose years ago. Moyer and Evans are (Wales), and the Shaneman from Deutschland, Prussia. Regards, Cheers, Jim

Just thought I'd pop it in

eddie

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I suppose if I could get rid of that nasty looking bug when dialing into Outlook Express, I'd be much happier.
What bug are you talking about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Max19
The only bug I can think of is the one that appears when McAfee finds a virus. Are you sure you don't have McAfee installed?
It appears McAfee was installed but had not been updated for more than 150 days. I used my Norton 2001, with updates as of a week ago. I'm only getting the McAfee bug when an Outlook express, old item, is opened or attempt is made to open Outlook Express. There's that buggy looking character. Figured on deleting Outlook express, then maybe down the line, reloading it again to see if that bug disappears. Otherwise, all programs seem to be operating okay. Thanks for the help and any future counsel you can offer. Regards, j :)

·
Account Disabled
1,222 Posts
The only way to make the bug disappear is to FULLY remove ALL viruses from your computer. You can wait all you want to reload Outlook Express, but that isn't going to change or effect McAfee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.