Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the computer up and it either freezes while in windows, starting windows up, or for a prolonged 10 minutes then it ll freeze and give me the blue screen of death which says "Cannot write to C: drive" not sure if thats the exact message but its close. Id appreciate any help you guys could give me. Its a hewlett packard pavillion running windows ME , pentium 3, i think its 933 and 256 ram but ill have to check. Any help on this would be appreciated, ive had this problem a while and ive tried formatting, several times ... =) i tried typing msinfo32 in the run box and i got the list but the computer hung up before i got to copy and paste it :) if this is needed ill be happy to do it again.
Thanks for any help

lost in space,
tim

·
Registered
3,369 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to TSG.:D
You might have a prob with your ram. You could d/load a ram tester or if you have a couple of sticks take one out and see if it still freezes. If it still freezes take that stick out and put the other one in by itself and see what happens.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the help :) ill get own it, i downloaded some bug doctor thing, and it seemed to help a little bit, it said it fixed 207 errors =O!!!! but we'll see it still seems to hang up eventually, ill try the ram trick:) appreciate the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.